Friday, October 31, 2008

Finally Home and Gone Again

It's good to be home! Early Thursday, I took the RV to have the alignment and then killed 4 hours waiting. Actually, had a good time looking around Florence, AL. Got the phone call that RV was ready...3 Hrs later! Yeah!! Jenny and I left McFarland Campground where we were passing some time exploring the park and campground and retrieved the RV and left for home at 11:10 a.m.

Took the scenic route (stayed off the interstate) and enjoyed looking at the beautiful countryside! Arrived home at 1:55 p.m.....met Mike at the gas station...traded vehicles...headed for my 2:00 p.m. appointment!! Now,that is trucking or making some tracks, one!! Finally, got to pull in the driveway at 3:45p.m. and yell out the window at our little miniature donkeys and hear them bray back!

Quickly did some laundry and went to Krogers, as we decided to take off for the weekend and do some "real camping" with the campfire ablazing. Friday, today, we left 10:15 a.m. when Mike got home from work. We headed for Piney Campground, a COE, nestled at Land Between the Lakes, in Dover/Buchanan, TN area.

This is where I am now typing to post the blog. Weather is going to be absolutely perfect with 70's and low 50's through our stay which will end Monday. This is my kind of camping. Our site has some view of the TN river, known as KY Lake. I'm not sure if there are any families at this time. Just us older folks!

My cell phone has no connection, Mike's does, and my Broadband, with a different carrier, works. So here I am bringing all you great folks up-to-date and now I am going to finalize this post......

Until later......

No comments: