Wednesday, October 29, 2008

In Tuscumbia, AL

I am now on the last leg of my trip. I left or WAS leaving campground at 10:15 a.m. when my satellite decided it would "do its thing" and go off. Naturally, it had to wait until the very LAST minute. So I got the guys to come check out the dish. (They had been so good about stopping by the rig on follow-ups.) Well, you guessed it, the dish (internal guts) had to be switched out. So at 1:05 p.m. I left the Allegro Campground heading for Tuscumbia...Heritage Acres RV Park...to spend the night.

Neat little campgrd. Jenny and I arrived about 2:15, unhitched car, set up, and left to sight see the area and find we were are going early a.m. for alignment work. Very neat towns: Tuscumbia, Muscle Shoals, and Florence. Even stopped at Helen Keller's birthplace but didn't go on the tour. Save that for another time with the grandkids!

The weather was much nicer today although did wake up this a.m. with heavy frost. Not expecting the cold temperatures tonight (low 30's).

Thursday will be heading home! I am going to take the scenic route (not interstate). Hopefully, the alignment won't take very long.

Until then.....

No comments: