Sunday, October 26, 2008

Red Bay Stay - Tiffins/Allegro

I arrived at Red Bay on 10/19 to have some "punch list" items taken care of before warranty ends. I have given myself 2 wks since I will be on waiting list for Express Bay work. When I arrived approx. 1:30 p.m., the campground was full and only dry camping available. No Problem! By the end of the evening, there were about 20 of us rigs dry camping. That meant those in the campgrd sites were ahead of me!! Oh, boy! I did enjoy the drive to Red Bay. Jenny slept most of the way.
After unhitching the car, Jenny and I went for a walk thru the campground. MANY people but you certainly feel like you are with family.
Monday, 20th, I was assigned a W/E site that afternoon. Again, Jenny and I nestled into our site. "Progress" I thought!
Tuesday, 21st, I was able to move to a full hook-up site that a.m. YEAH! Then, I was visited by Norris who assigns your schedule for bay work. He said not to expect a bay until next Monday....maybe Friday. So the wait is own. I enjoyed making many more new friends...learning about what they are having done and what up-grades have been done already. Very interesting to note that several are full-timers. WOW! I asked questions to learn for the future travels when we can travel anytime...or...all the time.
Wedneday went by and then Thursday late morning I got a phone call to go to Express Bay #8. I quickly put things up, unplugged, started up the engine and off I went in about 15 minutes. First thing they started on was to replace 4 windows. Three were completed and work hours were over. I was asked to arrive next morning, Friday, at 7:10 a.m., same Bay. Yikes, EARLY FRIDAY, but YEAH! One of the workers came over (whom did past updates on rig) and said he had a leather sofa to replace the cloth sofa if interested. I was! Broke camp again and went to his shop in little downtown Red Bay.
Friday, I got up at 5:30, showered, put my make-up on and had to wake Jenny up. She was still under the covers! Silly dog! Express Bay #8 here we come! Work began and 3 hours later, with most of the work done, I had to leave so next rig could arrive. They said I would be worked in next wk! OH, MY! That meant I still had to come back, go to another bay for Air Bags, and go to another city for the alignment. Glad I have another week. Well, I got back to my site and was in the process of fixing lunch, when I got a Bay phone call. "Come to Bay 42 now for the Air Bag repair." You should have seen me FLY getting things put up in breaking camp. Bay 42, here I come! Air Bags & Air Tank were fixed. Back to site and set up camp (again) and Mike arrived for wkend!
Weekend: We enjoyed the short wkend. Introduced Mike to many others here (who were amazed that I was handling this alone)and we just enjoyed our time together. Mike left Sunday morning, today. Did thorough fall cleaning in rig while 3 loads of wash were going. Jenny and I walked a bit and visited her little friends as well as my friends.
Well, this brings this writing upto date. I now am facing my 2nd week. Sure hope all gets done soon and I will be on my way home sooner than expected.

Until then.......

No comments: